Thank you for considering Landmark Center for your event! Have a few questions about booking Landmark Center as your venue? Find answers in the list below.
RENTAL/BOOKINGWhat steps come with booking Landmark Center?
● A good place to start would be checking our availability for your desired date – Feel free to give us a call at 651.292.3293 or 651.292.3228 or take a peek at the availability calendar.
● If you find your desired date is available, or you have some flexibility, you can move forward by viewing the space. You can set up a tour by calling 651.292.3293 or 651.292.3228. Or, if you’d rather our building is open to the public during building hours. This means you can come on by at any time to look around yourself.
● Once you decide to move forward with Landmark Center as your venue you have two options; finalize it by booking the date with us or put your date on hold for 10 days.
● After you have officially booked (yay!), you will receive a contract via email. Signed contracts, as well as half of the rental fee as a deposit, are due within 14 days.
● The final half of your rental fee is due six months prior to your event date.
● Finally, closer to your event date we will meet to go over final details and design a floor plan together.
What type of event can I hold in the courtrooms?
● The courtrooms are multi-functional; we hold meetings, small weddings, and more!
Can we have our ceremony at Landmark Center?
● Landmark Center would be delighted to accommodate your ceremony, as well as your reception. This will be an additional fee, which includes the use of our second floor to accommodate guests for a social hour during the changeover, crew to changeover the space, rehearsal and one on-site get-ready room.
Can we have our rehearsal at Landmark Center?
● Of course! Two hours of rehearsal time are included with the addition of a ceremony.
How can we tour the space?
● You can set up a tour by calling 651.292.3293 or 651.292.3228. Or, if you’d rather, our building is open to the public during building hours.
Can we put a date on hold?
● Still deciding between venues? No worries, we will honor a hold on a date for 10 days with your name and phone number. If we do not hear from you after 10 days, we will release the date.
How do we reserve the space for an event?
● Give us a call at 651.292.3293 or 651.292.3228; we’d be pleased to book your event!
What are the rental rates?
● You can find our rental rates listed as well as more extensive information in our brochure, here.
Do you have nonprofit rental rates?
● We sure do! Landmark provides a discounted rental rate for nonprofit organizations Monday – Thursday. For more information, give the Rental Department a ring at 651.292.3293 or 651.292.3228.
What forms of payment do you accept?
● You can pay by check, cash, money order or credit card. There is a 3% processing fee to pay with a credit card.
What is your cancellation policy?
● We understand that unavoidable circumstances might cause you to cancel. Initial deposit is due 14 calendar days after booking and is non-refundable Balance is due 180 calendar days before event and is non-refundable. Minnesota Landmarks reserves the right to cancel any event or event booking.
What is your capacity?
● In our cortile, Landmark Center can accommodate 320 guests for a seated dinner and dancing set up. Theater style can accommodate 400 guests, and a standing reception could accommodate up to 750 guests.
What is included in the rental of the space?
● We offer set up and clean up of Landmark Center’s available inventory, as well as basic audio visual services, and security.
● A list of inventory can be found on page 3 of our rental brochure.
● Basic audio visual services include twelve 4×8 sections of staging, a sound system, podium, and microphone.
Do you have parking?
● Parking is plentiful around Landmark Center! There are many metered spots surrounding the building which are free after 10pm Monday-Saturday, and all day Sunday. Additionally, you will find many parking lots and ramps within two blocks of the building. Valet parking is not offered through Landmark Center, but we are happy to recommend local valet services.
Do you have a map of the area?
● Yes! Landmark Center is located at 75 5th St. W., Saint Paul, MN. We are happy to provide a printable map of the area.
Is the venue accessible?
● Yes, our entire facility is accessible. The accessible entrance is located on Market Street, near the 6th Street intersection.
Who sets up the décor?
● Typically, all décor is brought in by an outside licensed vendor. Vendors or clients are responsible for set up of any rental décor.
Can we store things overnight?
● Landmark Center does not provide any secured overnight storage.
What if I need dressing rooms?
● Not a problem! Dressing rooms can be rented for an additional fee for clients who are booked at Landmark Center. All dressing rooms are available at 9:00am the day of your event.
What are your décor policies and/or restrictions?
● An overview of our policies can be found on page 7 of our rental brochure.
● Something to note: all cords must be secured to the floor with gaffers tape.
When can we have access to the space?
● We like to welcome both vendors and clients to the space at 11:00am on the day of your event. As a rule, all décor items must be removed from the space when your event ends.
Is there a space for us to load/unload?
● Yes! We require all loading and unloading to be done at the loading dock. You can find this space located on the corner of Washington and 6th Streets. Use of the striped area is permitted on the loading dock for this purpose only. Once finished, vehicles must be moved.
Do we need to have a wedding planner?
● A wedding planner is not required. However a planner or day of coordinator can be extremely helpful. The Landmark Center rental staff functions as a venue coordinator only.
Do you require rental insurance?
● Rental insurance is not required to host an event at Landmark Center, the facility is fully insured.
What hotels are nearby?
● You will find many hotels near Landmark Center. Including, but not limited to The Saint Paul Hotel, The Intercontinental, DoubleTree, Hampton, Holiday Inn, and Hyatt Place.
Do you have outdoor space?
● Although Landmark Center doesn’t have its own outdoor space, we love the outdoors as much as you do. Rice Park is just across 5th Street from our building. You can find more information about reserving that space on Saint Paul’s website.
FOOD/DRINKCan we choose our own caterer?
● Yes! Find out more on our catering policy page.
Do you charge a catering fee?
● Indeed, we charge a $200 fee for our preferred caterers and a $300 fee for any caterer who is not on our preferred list. This fee is assessed to the caterer but you should expect it to be reflected in your estimate from them.
Who provides linens, china, flatware, and glassware?
● These items are typically provided by your caterer or rental company.
Do you have food and beverage minimums?
● Landmark Center does not have a food or beverage minimum, unless alcohol is to be served.
Is it okay if I don’t want to serve alcohol?
● Absolutely! Events at the Landmark Center are not required to serve alcohol.
Where can we find pricing information for beverage service?
● Check out all of that information on pages 4 and 5 of our rental brochure. You can also give our Beverage Service Manager Troy Stark a call (651.292.4376) or send him an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Can we bring in our own beverages and bartenders?
● Landmark Beverage Service provides all of the bar & liquor services at Landmark Center, including staffing and product.